Swamp Fireflies, Elfbeads and Trollbeads

First off, the winner of a Mr. Gnome bead from the weekend is ‘HeadpixiefromHQ’. Congratulations! I’ll contact you to find out where to send him!

Last week my beads n’ coffee friends met with the Canadian Elfbeads distributor, who runs an online shop called Bead Billboard. I had to work that day, otherwise I *might* have made a purchase or two myself. ๐Ÿ˜‰ For this blog post my friend Cheryl kindly lent me her beads so I could take some photos. I was quite struck with how they go so nicely with a lot of my Trollbeads. The star of this show just might be the Swamp Fireflies. The base colour is such a rich indigo.

I put the Swamp Fireflies with two glass Trollbeads, Wise Bamboo in the middle and Cool Dusk on the left.

She also bought the new Greenling Perpetuals, from the Midsummer Bead Dream collection.

I paired this bead with the Trollbeads Blue Desert on the left and Rainbow Bridge on the right.

The third bead is called Swamp Alien

The colours immediately made me think of Trollbeads Whitecap and then I put Beach on the middle. The silver beads are Redbalifrog’s Rope. I really like this bangle. ๐Ÿ˜€

Next we have Arctic Earthbead

The gold goes really nicely with the Trollbeads Beehive Spacer, Honey Dawn, Gold Silver Trace and Bumble Bee Spacer

Lastly, here is Nebula Earthbead

I love how this looks with Trollbeads Moonlight Bubbles and my Aurora bead.

Here’s a last look at the five Elfbeads. I shall enjoy seeing them on my friend’s wrist! ๐Ÿ˜€ Just like at our last beads n’ coffee!

14 responses to Swamp Fireflies, Elfbeads and Trollbeads

1. sarahrigler says:

As you know, I’m a big fan of Elfbeads and couldn’t wait to get my hands on the Swamp Fireflies as well as Swamp Alien. I love seeing your photos and how you have mixed them with Trollbeads, too. I am very happy with my small collection so far and will continue to add more.
    I also love that they have a universal core and that I can wear them on my Pandora bracelets, too.

2. cherlang says:

Martha, it is inevitable!! The beads are so pretty and when they fit in so well with your collection…well it’s practically a done deal!! I’ve just started and my to buy list is as long as my arm!! Btw, your photos are,as always, fantastic!!

3. Kim says:

I am a HUGE Elfbeads fan. Elfbeads make up the majority of my bead purchases now, and most of my bracelets that are made up now are primarily Elfbeads bracelets. I mix and match with my other brands and artisan beads, but the Elf glass is second to none. Be fairly warned if you do start in on them, Martha, you won’t be able to stop at just a few! ๐Ÿ™‚ Your photos here are lovely. I especially like the Swamp Fireflies. I haven’t bought anything from the latest collection yet, since I wanted to focus on getting some of the older beads I hadn’t gotten around to yet, but Swamp Fireflies is definitely on my list.

Kim, I think Swamp Fireflies is my favourite with Swamp Alien being a close second, but I do like all the beads my friend purchased! I’m getting a fair amount of pressure from my friends to buy some, ha ha! ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. Gorgeous beads ladies! Martha, I love the Swamp Alien and think that it looks so stunning with Whitecap and Beach! I LOVE that combo! These beads are amazing and do go very well with the Trollbeads! So many lovely beads, so little time! Lol! โค

That’s my favourite combo, too, Carol! I couldn’t believe how well the Swamp Alien went with Whitecap. ๐Ÿ’™

5. Natalie says:

Looks great Martha, I love Elfbeads! They have great silvers as well as glass beads. Jennifer from Bead Billboard is great to buy from, I live in the US but many of my Elfbeads have come from her, she always picks really nice beads for me when they give away the promotional sets ๐Ÿ˜€

• Natalie says:

Exactly-Elfbeads price from Canada is much better than buying in the US, works out to around the same as buying Elfbeads from Europe and deducting VAT. Jennifer does have amazing customer service though ๐Ÿ˜€ It’s great that she posts live images of all her glass on a rod so you can pick the one you want, and it’s right on her site, no need to do ask for images or do Facebook parties.

6. Faye says:

Love your bangles! Especially the one with Wise Bamboo in the middle, the Greenling Perpetuals, and that Swam Alien deserves front and center, wow! They go so beautifully together the Elfbeads and the Trollbeads.