True Beadz True Dragons

The latest bead from True Beadz is the True Dragons, which is $200 USD. It’s quite heavy and has a lot of detail with two fantastic dragons, two True Beadz logos and lots of brick work. I thought and thought about what could be my inspiration for a bracelet, as I don’t watch Game of Thrones or read fantasy novels but remembered the steampunk dragon in the Walt Disney World Festival of Fantasy Parade that is based on the dragon that Maleficent transforms into in the movie Sleeping Beauty. Here is the True Dragons bead first. I really like the wings and the bricks and how the back of the dragon is raised!

And here are a couple of photos from the Disney parade! This is a massive dragon controlled by several people. It’s 26 feet (about 8 metres) tall! It’s totally my favourite part of the parade.

Clearly a purple and black bracelet was in order. The True Beadz used here are an Almost Amethyst and two True Touch Stormy Heavens.

The other thing I really wanted to try was the True Dragons on a necklace. For this one I’ve used the Ohm Beads Ball Necklace and True Beadz from the Linen colour family. The Trollbead on the top is called Rise Together. I really like how the calm Linen colour contrasts with the very detailed  True Dragons. I will definitely make this necklace again for wearing.

Another few shots from Disney World were the inspiration for the next bracelet because of the brick work. Here are the castles.

Here’s the bracelet below. I used two True Blossoms Sunlight Spots at the front, two beads in the Blue Mist Shade in the back and then a Dragon Eyes Mystery, Dancing Fairies Meadow (L) and Dancing Fairies Stream and a Treasure (R).

Let’s check out some other ways to use the True Dragons bead. Obviously it really lends itself to going on leather, due to the shape. I like it on the Trollbeads Cyan/Key Leather Bracelet with two True Touch Taiga Beads and a Treasure in the middle.

It works by itself on a Trollbeads chain, especially if you have one that is a bit shorter than ones you would make into a full bracelet. My friend Cheryl keeps a chain for the purpose of wearing just one bead, but because it’s a couple of centimetres shorter than her regular ones, the bead sits nice and snugly on the top of her wrist. She was wearing her Pokeball bead like this the other day and it looked great. So here is the True Dragons by itself with a bangle of three Treasures.

Lastly, here is a bracelet using two True Touch Taigas (the teal ones), two Treasures and two True Touch Gooseberry beads.

Currently it’s impossible to purchase directly from True Beadz (and get the cool packaging with the wax seal) due to some Pay Pal problems but there are three retailers that sell the beads. Here is a link for the True Beadz website. If the problem gets resolved then shop away directly from the source if you want but if not then there are links to the retailers, like Star Bijou

Are there any favourite looks from above, with the True Dragons? My favourite bracelet is the bottom one and I will love wearing it on the necklace as pictured. Due to its weight I won’t be putting many other if any silvers with it. Also, because of all the detail I don’t think it needs much to go with it at all. I think the True Beadz glass beads in the Touch and Air finishes are perfect to pair with the True Dragons.

24 responses to True Beadz True Dragons

Hi Martha, I’m a big fan of True Beadz and this bead is amazing! I have to say that because of the size, I think I like it best by itself. I don’t think it’s limited, so I’m going to need to save awhile for this one.

Yes, it’s nice how it’s not a limited edition. I like to mull things over in my head before buying something…envision how I’ll use it and so on.

• Julia says:

thank you so much, Suzanne! i am so glad to know you like the bead! the photos Martha shared are sooooo good!

2. My two favourite looks are the purple and black styling, and the bead on it’s own. It’s a spectacular bead!!! You came up with some really great looks for it – the purple and black looks suitably gothic, I like that! And, on it’s own, it just looks stunning. I also have a shorter Trollbeads bracelet in order to wear just one bead, and the dragon bead is perfect for that! Very nice!

It really is a spectacular bead, I agree Lydia! I realize I need more black beads now, ha ha ha! I also should get a shorter Trollbeads chain-it never ends! πŸ˜€

3. Noemi says:

I love Disney, I’ve been several times when my daughter was younger. I’d love to go back someday. I love that bead, but I’m hesitant to get it, one because of the price and two because if the size. I don’t like that beads seem to be getting bigger, I find them harder to use. Of course it is a great design, so I keep talking myself back into getting it. πŸ™‚ Decisions, decisions…

Fortunately there is time to think about the bead. For some people $200 is pocket change but not for most of us. The design is quite something though!

• Julia says:

Noemi, when I look at this Disney dragon I am so sorry I have never been to Disney world!
      we are experimenting with sizes and shapes now, but no worries, it is just that bead that is so much bigger=) next release is closer to usual size=)

4. Tanya says:

Ooh, what a lovely post and bead Martha! I am also happy to learn this is not a limited edition, as I really need to cull my collection before making more big purchases, but it IS a stunning piece. I think I like the set where it’s worn alone with the two other bracelets, as well as the castle inspired yellow, blue, dancing fairies etc. A great reminder of how stunning True Beadz glass are too. As always, love your inspirational pics and bracelet designs. We’ve had a much needed cool snap by me, I feel my fall appetite for beads increasing!

Glad you like the bead and photos, Tanya. I had fun trying out all these combos! I really like the Blossom Sunlight Spots with the True Dragons bead and think I’ll wear that today. Glad your weather has cooled off! We have a hot week ahead so will have to turn on the AC. I can’t believe we are at the end of July already. My husband just got his teaching timetable finalized and there are back to school things in the stores-ack!!

5. Faye says:

OMGosh that Disney Dragon is AMAZING and the black and purple bracelet is absolutely beautiful and fantastic!!!
    I also love the Blossom Sunlight Spots combination with the True Dragons, lovely color combinations.

Faye, you can see why the Disney Dragon reminded me of the True Beadz Dragons! The wings look so similar that I was quite excited when I remembered that I had photos from the parade. I’ve been lucky a couple of times to be at the right spot when the fire has come out of its mouth. It’s incredibly impressive!

• Julia says:

Faye, I really liked the sunlight spot one too! but the Disney inspiration photo is just fantastic!!

6. Julia says:

Martha, thank you so my for this post! I love the Disney dragon so much!!!!!!!!!! I hope to visit him one day=) and of course I will have some beads on=))

7. Alexandra R says:

I love this bead. I just don’t know if I’ll get it since it’s quite expensive. I’m sure it’s worth it but I’ll probably have to wait a little. TrueBeadz are really beautiful, wether it’s glass beads or silvers. It’s always gorgeous!
    I love your bracelets. Especially the purple and black one (the Maleficient dragon was also a favourite of ours during the Parade on sunday) and the one with the cyan leather bracelet. TaΓ―ga is really a beautiful colour.
    I also have a shorter Trollbeads chain for when I wear just one bead. Just like I have different sizes of Pandora and Ohm bracelets. I tend to wear bangles or small bracelets most of the time but sometimes it’s nice to make a full bracelet. This means I have a lot of bracelet… could it be too much? πŸ€”πŸ˜‰

Alexandra, it never even occurred to me to have a Pandora bracelet in a different length but that is so smart. I’m wearing the one with the Elsa Murano from IG and it’s slipping around like crazy, as it’s the length I would wear for a full bracelet.
      I didn’t realize the same parade is also in Paris, so that is so cool you also saw the dragon! I agree that Taiga is a beautiful colour. It’s very rich looking. This sounds weird but I think I might slow down with my blog so I can actually enjoy the beads. πŸ€”
      By the way, I just love seeing your photos of life in France. 😘

8. Alexandra R says:

And I forgot: you have Rapunzel’s tower in Disneyworld? And is that Ariel’s castle? My daughter would be soooo jealous if she knew that!!! We have just the one castle in Paris. There is a lot of impressive buildings in the parks but these ones would be a huge hit!!!

Yes, WDW has Prince Eric’s Castle, which houses the Journey of the Little Mermaid Ride, Beast’s Castle (not pictured on my blog) which houses the Be Our Guest restaurant and Rapunzel’s Tower is in a rest area. I don’t know if a Florida trip is on your radar for when your little ones are older, but you would have so much fun!

9. Wow! True Beadz really hit the mark with the detailing on this bead ❀

And I love how you put it together in the purple and black combo – the Stormy Heavens beads and those purple wavy beads beside them really capture that dark and mystical magic of Maleficent.

• Faye says:

I have to agree 100% – that purple and black combo is incredible. I keep coming back to the blog just to look at the photo. And you are so right about it capturing the colors of the evil Maleficent.