Bumblebee and Beehive Spacers by Trollbeads

The new Trollbeads Spacers collection won’t be available until May 13, but today I have some live photos of the Bumblebee and Beehive. Tomorrow will be the Sunbeam, Sweet Berries and Dot’n’Dot and then Thursday will be Connected Love and Heart. The Bumblebee will be $72 CAD and the Beehive will be $53 CAD.

Here is a comparison shot so you can see the sizes with a regular stopper.

The Bumblebee is quite striking.

Here it is from behind.

And here it is from the bottom. The legs really curve around and tuck in, so I think they will not catch on anything at all. When you run your finger over the area it is smooth.

I tried them on the Ring of Change and really liked them there!

They do work on a chain bracelet, but really shine on a bangle, I think.

Here they are on the Copper Bangle. The spacers (that act as stoppers) almost function as another bead, due to their size.

Shirleen from Instagram wanted to see it on a Fantasy Necklace. It was a bit tricky to put on, but once it was on I thought it looked nice. Obviously it would look better on a black Fantasy Necklace, but you get the idea.

Finally, because they had just arrived a few minutes before I was to meet up for beads n’ coffee, I took all the spacers along and we put them on our bangles. That was a lot of fun!

12 responses to Bumblebee and Beehive Spacers by Trollbeads

1. Serena says:

Wonderful!
    There are no other suitable words!
    Great pics as usual, dear Martha, and thanks for showing the comparison between new spacers and beads.
    They are larger than I thought but I am already imaging Bumblebee and Beehive on my bangle…..
    Have a great day!!!

Serena

2. sarahrigler says:

I love that you have shown the Bee in so many combinations and in so much detail. It is a beauty, as are every one of the photos. I really love the combination of bracelets, colours and beads in the final photo, pinks, greens yellows and new beads are just so exciting for me. What a great way to start the day, my coffee, my cats and your blog. Thank-you Martha for all the beautiful images and beads to inspire me!

3. marthnick says:

Oh Sarah, you’re too kind! I think Cheryl’s are particularly lovely though! I love pink and green together.

4. Natalie says:

I love the Bee, I don’t really like the price but I can see it’s a decent size from your pictures. Thanks for these great live shots! I always think with stoppers I need a matching set, but maybe with the Bee just 1 is okay and use it more as a bead than a true stopper?

I think you are exactly right, Natalie. When I got the samples, my first thought was how was I going to make up combos with one of each, that might be tricky. But as I’ve been playing with them, I see how they are really like beads and maybe we shouldn’t think of them as stoppers in the traditional sense. I’ve always used a pair of stoppers, but I think these new spacers are going to open up lots of new possibilities for us. I’m just putting together tomorrow’s blog post and for that I’m using 3 spacers. So, using the Bumblebee on its own will keep you busy making creations for sure!

5. Debbie says:

Lovely pictures and article Martha. The bee is great and looks good on the bangle and the FN. Looking forward to reading your reviews of all the new stoppers.

Nice to see your daffodils did survive the snow 🙂

Thanks Debbie. Yes, I was so happy the daffodils survived being smushed by snow and ice! They are still fairly droopy, but I cut quite a few and brought them in the house.

6. Mars says:

I adore that bee and beehive and love what you’ve done with them, that ring is just inspired!

Despite the price tag, I will be getting both when money allows, I’ve waiting ages for decorative stoppers that really “speak” to me, rather than I just like them because they’re not plain and these two are it!

Mars xx

I think the bee and beehive will be a popular set. And maybe you’ll wear them on one of your necklaces too!