Trollbeads Feldspar Azurite Rock

The Trollbeads Feldspar Azurite Rock and Calcite Rock are my first ever Trollbeads stones and I was very excited to get them! On the Trollbeads website it says, “The Feldspar Azurite Rock is made up of Azurite crystallizations large enough to to be seen within the rock.” Definitely it’s really interesting to look at up close! Here are macro photos of both sides of the sample I received.

First I tried a simple bangle with matching blue beads. Left to right are Sunbeam Spacer, Soul of Flowers, Feldspar Azurite Rock, Wave of Dreams and Dot to Dot Spacer.

I love how the blues look in the sun!

Next I thought I’d try a whole bracelet by adding in some brown and beige with the blue beads.

Clockwise from the top are the Carolina Jessamine Lock/ Dot to Dot Spacer/ Only One You/ Beach/ Cozy/ Quiet Flower/ Wave of Dreams/ Scirocco/ Rise Together/ Soul of Sunshine/ Feldspar Azurite Rock/ Nature Unity/ Symphony of Hearts/ Scirocco/ Soul of Flowers/ Wisdom Weed/ Magical Lamp/ Ancient Palace/ Vision of Light and the Sunbeam Spacer.

For a combo I think the Silver and Copper Twisted Bangles and Citrine Facet Ring fit in well. I’ve been wearing the ring with everything, really. So, does this kind of stone appeal to anyone? I’d love to hear how people are using it. By the way, a good resource to check out is the Trollbeads Gallery Forum. The people who post pictures on it are long time collectors, unlike me, so they can put together bracelets with amazing results. It’s a great place for inspiration!

6 responses to Trollbeads Feldspar Azurite Rock

I just love this combination of blues and browns and your Feldspar Azurite bead is gorgeous, I see that the azurite appears as polka dots! I am looking forward to seeing a few more of these beads on our travels, and also to seeing this bracelet up close.

Thanks Sarah! I love these colours together, I must say. The bracelet was taken apart quite a while ago, I’m afraid, so you won’t be seeing it. 😳 But I’ll bring the blue flower one for sure!

2. Faye says:

I love your bracelet design. It’s color and design are beautiful. Really pretty choice of beads and love that you used the newest Trollbeads glass!

But IMHO that feldspar azurite rock bead is awful – it looks like something you’d kick up in the driveway.

Faye, that totally made me laugh out loud and I was at a busy street corner so must have looked a little silly! 😀 Yes, it most definitely looks like a rock, I think, as compared to something like the Milky Quartz. I really need to look at more of the gemstones, as this and the Calcite were literally the first I’ve ever held. I’d be curious as to what you think of the Calcite Rock? (It goes really well with the Khaki X Links. I put a photo of them on FB if you’re on there).

• Faye says:

LOL at least you didn’t trip off a curb, sorry! Calcite Rock I like. You did a nice combo bangle (?) with it earlier this week – a pretty stack. It has deep color variations and versatility. The colors won’t work for everyone, they can be a bit mustardy, but I LIKE that for Fall. Don’t get me wrong – I have TB’s stones – Onyx, Moss Agate, Aventurine, Amethyst, Fieldspar Moonstone, Hessonite Garnet, Red Tiger Eye (WOW), Rose & Smoky Quartz, so I’m a fan.
        But this one … oh well. I felt that way when I was my first rod of TB’s Sapphires – Yuck gritty grimy.

Ok, I’m going to look up these Sapphires. And yeah anytime I see someone with a Smoky Quartz I always think that is an absolute must have. Now I think I know what I’ll ask for my birthday!